Welcome to the sixth #SatSunTails micro fiction competition with a guest judge this week!
Be warned – the prompts aren’t easy, but that’s so you can write to the best of your ability.
If you haven’t had a go before at this writing challenge, then please don’t hesitate to try this weekend.
- Post stories in the comments
- Stories must be 150 words (margin of 5 words either side) AND based on the picture and written prompts.
- If you title your entry this is not counted in your word count.
- Only one entry allowed (so make it count)
- End each entry with word count and name/twitter handle (if you forget these REPLY TO YOUR OWN COMMENT with them before judging closes)
- You may enter until Monday 10am GMT (because I’m extra kind like that).
If you do not comply with these rules your story will be disqualified from judging. Good spelling and grammar will also help to make a better impression on judges – the odd typo, however, will be overlooked so please don’t worry about that.
For tips, read through the critiques from last week’s entries.
There will be ONE OVERALL WINNER and THREE RUNNERS UP. After that there will be THREE CRITIQUES of three stories that didn’t make it.
It would also be nice to those participating if you could promote your fellow competitors and those who win.
This Week’s Judge!
@klingorengi, AKA the amazing Jeffrey Hollar. Apart from being a great writer, he’s another sadistic son of a gun who will whip you flash fictioners into shape! I’m only joking about him being sadistic… or am I?
Jeffrey enters flash fiction contests almost every day of the week so he knows exactly what to look for and how to help you craft a better piece in critiques.
The following may be used as a sentence in your story OR provide a basis for it:-
And here is your picture prompt:
& good luck!
| [Did you enjoy this post?] |
| [Why not leave a comment or check out my books?] |