So we’ll see how this goes for my first blog competition thing. If you read my previous post then you may already know about it and what it concerns. I’ll be this week’s judge.
I may even select a few other people to be judges in the coming weeks (there will be heavy vetting but no heavy petting), but this depends on how well it goes.
And there is the badge I made. To promote/find other participants you may use the twitter hashtag #SatSunTails. And yes… Tails does refer to the Sonic character that I drew on the badge (’cause I think he’s cute).
- Post stories in the comments
- Stories must be 150 words (margin of 5 words either side) AND based on the picture and written prompts.
- If you title your entry this is not counted in your word count.
- Only one entry allowed (so make it count)
- End each entry with word count and name/twitter handle (if you forget these REPLY TO YOUR OWN COMMENT with them before judging closes)
- You may enter until Sunday midday GMT.
If you do not comply with these rules your story will be disqualified from judging. Good spelling and grammar will also help to make a better impression on judges – the odd typo, however, will be overlooked so please don’t worry about that.
There will be ONE OVERALL WINNER and THREE RUNNERS UP. After that there will be THREE CRITIQUES of three stories that didn’t make it.
It would also be nice to those participating if you could promote your fellow competitors and those who win.
The following may be used as a sentence in your story or provide a basis for it:-
It was an incongruous silence that bled dry the earth.
And here is your picture prompt:
You have until lunchtime tomorrow.
| [Did you enjoy this post?] |
| [Why not leave a comment or check out my books?] |