Well, apparently the lovely Miss Icy Sedgwick thinks so over at her wonderful Blunt Pencil blog as she’s bestowed me with the very sought after Versatile Blogger Award that she also received from others.
I’m incredibly grateful to Icy for the awesome award, which she totally deserves for her brilliant fiction and the thought provoking pieces she writes on her blog. As always, these lovely awards have rules. And what are those rules?
I must share some more fantastic bloggers with you and give you seven sacred* facts about myself.
*not actually sacred; merely previously untold.
Without more ado…
Seven Facts About Moi
1. I have a hat stand in my room. You actually can’t see the top of the stand due to the many, many hats covering it.
2. I don’t auto-follow back on twitter and I certainly don’t bother with people who DM just to advertise. I think that’s bad etiquette. If I want to read your stuff I will click on the link below your bio and if I don’t I won’t. It’s that simple.
3. I litter my floor with poetry and clutter when my head’s a mess. The poetry is very rarely picked up and worked upon. It comes free-formed like that.
4. Keeping with the poetry theme, I’ve won two poetry competitions to have pieces published in anthologies and I won a third competition with the National Heritage in my age group category. The prize for the latter was only £15 , but I got to meet a published poet at the award ceremony.
5. These are my favourite film lines from When Harry Met Sally (which you should watch!):
Harry: I’ve been doing a lot of thinking, and the thing is, I love you.
Harry: I love you.
Sally: How do you expect me to respond to this?
Harry: How about, you love me too?
Sally: How about, I’m leaving?
Harry: Doesn’t what I said mean anything to you?
Sally: I’m sorry, Harry. I know it’s New Year’s Eve. I know you’re feeling lonely, but you just can’t show up here, tell me you love me, and expect that to make everything all right. It doesn’t work this way.
Harry: Well, how does it work?
Sally: I don’t know, but not this way.
Harry: How about this way? I love that you get cold when it’s 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you’re looking at me like I’m nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it’s not because I’m lonely, and it’s not because it’s New Year’s Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
Sally: You see? That is just like you, Harry. You say things like that, and you make it impossible for me to hate you, and I hate you, Harry. I really hate you. I hate you.
And then they kiss. Awww. *sniffles*
6. Sometimes I slip in film quotes to everyday speech. It’s very rare anybody realises or actually knows what film I’m talking about. This happens a lot when I reference Hook.
7. When I was little I used to have a BIG THING for the Disney Robin Hood and Peter Pan films. I used to force my brother to play Peter Pan with me… Of course, I was Pan and he had to be Hook.
And now nominees!
I am going to tag three very talented bloggers whom you should go over and have a nosey at!
Stevie McCoy (the glitter lady)
I hope you manage to check them out & my thanks once again to Icy Sedgwick for the award in the first place!
| [Did you enjoy this post?] |
| [Why not leave a comment or check out my books?] |