Those of you who don’t already read Ren’s writing should go on over and have a snuffle through her stuff.
There are, as always, a few duties associated with this lovely blog award that I must attend to. If you’ve seen these blog awards before then you may already know what the duties are. If you haven’t then here are the rules:
1. Pass the award along to ten other bloggers and notify them
2. Share ten random facts about yourself.
So without further ado…
Ten Random Facts
It was hard enough to do this last time…
1. I have a skin condition called keratosis pilaris that I’ve been teased about since I was very young and is the reason why I feel self-conscious and cover up my skin a lot.
2. When I was younger I used to have an imaginary friend called Kimberley. I was so convincing that she was real that my mum’s friend wanted to do a study on me because she’d heard that children’s imaginary friends were actually ghosts. I don’t remember any of this or the friend I had…
3. Writing about blood and gore doesn’t bother me, but watching zombie/horror movies will leave me cowering under the bed covers for a few hours before I can safely sleep.
4. I reference a lot of film quotes in my everyday speech.
5. My migraines are so severe that the first time I had one I went to Accident & Emergency where they threw up a brain tumour or a stroke as possible diagnoses for my symptoms. I’ve had a brain scan to check for a tumour and I’m fine. My migraines are just that – migraines. They start off with losing the feeling down one side as my brain tells my muscles to relax (so my tongue goes numb and my speech is slurred and my eye muscles relax so my vision goes) and then I get the excruciating head pain that starts off the vomiting (I can’t even keep water down). I once endured a migraine everyday for a whole week.
6. Despite the above, I’ve never had a hangover more than a sore throat from terrible (and drunken) public singing.
7. I was planned accidental baby. My parents tried a long time for a baby and were told they couldn’t have one… Then I decided to exist when my mum started a new job. Clearly not thrilled by this world, I decided I was also going to be two weeks late for my own birth when they finally got sick of waiting and induced the end of my comfortable residence.
8. I have always unconsciously managed to be a teacher’s pet and even won a merit tie at my first secondary school.
9. One of my cats (Salem) is very possessive over me. He dislikes pretty much any man I like. R has been the only exception to this rule.
10. My favourite herb smells are eucalyptus and lavender.
& Now 10 Bloggers…
I tried to choose mostly different blogs from my last blog award mentions…
If you haven’t already, you should really check these fantastic bloggers out. I promise you that the reason why they’re up there is because I do regularly check out their blogs and find them to be funny, interesting and helpful.
I hope you do too.
| [Did you enjoy this post?] |
| [Why not leave a comment or check out my latest book?] |