I was going to use this here post to explain why I put up A Grave Gift on Wednesday instead of Friday as usual, but it turns out that I’ve received my first ever blog award from @JWHankins over at SCRIBEREGLYPH.
My thanks to him and my suggestions to readers of this blog to go on over there and have a nosey at some of his stuff.
In the interest of not forgetting about the duties of receiving this award, I’ve chosen to regale you with my tales of briefly changing flash fiction posting days for some other time and instead to plough ahead with the tasks of award recipients. But first, these are the award rules:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 deserving blog buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
So without further ado…
Seven Random Facts
This is harder than I thought…
1. I once ran an alternative clothing shop for emo/goth types.
2. I passed my driving license but I can’t afford a car or the insurance & petrol that goes with it.
3. Writing based role play on a Harry Potter forum really helped to advance my writing. The forum was on invision boards and was imaginatively called HPRPG.net – I started when I was 15 and made an awful lot of life long friends there.
4. My twitter page has a username that comes from a main character I have been secretly writing about for years. It has also been my alias on various sites around the ‘net.
5. Up until about three years ago, my hair was brown, reaching to the base of my back, and I wore glasses. Now it’s cut to my shoulders, bright red, and I wear contact lenses. It seems that people I’ve known since I was in primary school no longer recognise me because of the change.
6. My camera is called Jeremy after the Alpha in Kelley Armstrong’s Otherworld series of books, my laptop is called Pippin from Lord of the Rings, and I have fake owl called Neil who sits on top of my TV. There are also three teddies who sit on my bed who have various weird names.
7. My music taste is eclectic. It usually revolves around pieces that I’m writing (whichever song fits the atmosphere) or it comes from a movie soundtrack. Most of my music favourites are because the lyrics mean something to me or I find them to be beautiful.
& Now 15 Bloggers…
In no order & with their twitter addresses too…
| [Did you enjoy this post?] |
| [Why not leave a comment or check out my latest book?] |